Saturday, September 19, 2009

SICK....

So the day after we arrived in Idaho Ethan woke up and was sick. He didn't want to move and just laid in bed with us all day. We decided to take him to the doctor and we found out he had a double ear infection, which is what we figured since it's his third in 6 months. We made a follow up appointment and got him his medicine. His medicine seemed to help but yesterday was his last dose and he was irritable all day and then all night he was awake. I knew something wasn't right so I decided to make another appointment for him this morning. We went to the doctor to find out that his ears were all better but something was up with his breathing. The doctor thinks that perhaps it's just his lungs are irratated by the dust or the change in the weather but there is also a chance that he has asthma. So we got another perscription. This time we got a peice of equipment along with medication. We are now the proud owners of a nebulizer. We have to give him treatments every 4 hours and he hates it. Hopefully we will only have to do it for the weekend and then he will be all better, cross our fingers. I guess this Idaho air is not good for him, he has been sick since we've gotten here, poor guy:( At least it looks like a cute penguin

3 comments:

Scrappycook said...

We had to do that with Max at some point. I think I still have that thing in the basement, but ours does not look like a cute penguin!

The Crebs Family said...

Riley had one of those as a kid, and then when we were in California for the summer it came back again and he had to get an inhaler...bummer. Hopefully Ethan gets better. Tell him I hate the Idaho air too!! I have been sneezing and my throat has been itching since we got back!

The Bedke Fam said...

How sad! Is he feeling better? That penguin is inhaler is so adorable though!!