Monday, February 23, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

WARNING: Long post!
Mike and I were invited to go to Vegas for Presidents Day weekend. I was so bummed because I would be in Colorado, luckily a few days earlier my mom had come to Colorado also and suggested I fly out of Denver and go while she watches Ethan! Well that sounded like a great plan to me so we bought the tickets and I was on my was to Sin City. Mike and I went with our friend Chase and his friend Kristen. His dad works down in Vegas so he was there as well and got the suite in the Marriott for all of us to stay in. It was incredibly nice and I'm pretty sure it will be a long while until I stay in a hotel the nice again. We had fun hanging out at the spa at the hotel and getting the tiny little ketchup bottles! We also had fun on the strip looking at all the sites, watching people lose their money and eating at great places. I am grateful to my mom for watching Ethan and letting us have a care free trip.


The suite was a two bedroom suite, with a bar and a huge living room area. Mike and I got hooked up with the Master suite and bath which included a jacuzzi tub and a shower with a shower head on the ceiling (if that makes any sense) It's hard to get the awesomeness (is that even a word) of the hotel in pictures but I included a few to get the idea of our room.




This is where the magic happened;)




Our awesome tub



The master bathroom even had a bidet




Our balcony



The view from the side of our balcony




Hanging out at the 24 hour hot tube, which is a dream come true for me





Wearing the fancy robe they give you, but don't accidentally take it home they will charge you a nice fee:)


Our first actually day in Vegas we hung out at the spa for a few hours and then hit the strip. We had dinner at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, saw the fountains at the Bellagio, went inside and saw the worlds largest chocolate fountain and the decorations they put up there. And of course watched people lose their money.


Mike and I in front of the Bellagio fountains, probably my favorite part




The gang eating at Margaritaville



The sign out front


Our second day was Sunday so we went to church which ended up being a singles ward, ha ha, then headed off to see the temple. After that we headed back to our hotel went in the hot tub and then came back to our room for some fun in the tub, Don't worry we were all in our bathing suits we just had to take pictures in a bubble bath for our friend. Then we went to midnight bowling and bowled the night away! I even won a game.


The Las Vegas Temple


Our crazy tub party




Bowling


Out third and final day was a very relaxing one, we spent another day at the spa using the hydrotherapy pool and then going into the steam room. We then got ready in the locker room, which is more of a lounge area. They provided all the things you could need, razors, curling irons, you name it. Then we headed to the strip one last time to go to M&M world. Then we headed home to glorious Rexburg. It was a great trip and hopefully we will go back someday.

Mike eating the M&M at M&M world


The beautiful assortment of different colored M&Ms


The wonderful view of Vegas at night, with our tour guide John (Chase's dad)

3 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Oh my, life of the rich and famous! Holy cow your hotel looks incredible and sounded so luxurious. I am SO jealous! That was one nice trip.

The Bedke Fam said...

looks like so much fun em!! your room was absolutely gorgeous. and i love the tub party!! haha. holy bubbles. :)

The Crebs Family said...

How fun. I am jealous of your Vegas Trip...Welcome back to snowy old Rexburg :) We missed our favorite neighbor!